FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
Rice University students receive Rice Global E&C Forum scholarships
HOUSTON – The Rice Global Engineering & Construction Forum (RGF) will award two research scholarships and four partial-tuition scholarships to Rice University students for the 2016-17 academic year: The combined value of the awards totals $26.000. Recipients of the monetary awards were introduced today at the monthly RGF roundtable luncheon held on the Rice campus.
Selected to receive RGF research scholarships in 2016-17 were:
- Debarshi Sen, a doctoral student majoring in Civil & Environmental Engineering, and
- Yuxuan Yu, a masters student studying Mechanical Engineering.
Partial-tuition scholarships will be awarded in 2016-17 to:
- Dacheng Gao, masters student, Chemical Engineering;
- Chenxin Fu, masters student, Electrical Engineering;
- David Moore, masters student, Environmental Analysis & Decision Making; and
- Ciara Simmons-Pino, undergraduate (SR), Civil & Environmental Engineering.
ABOUT RGF SCHOLARSHIPS:
- The RGF Scholarship Committee grants monetary awards each spring to deserving students in the Rice School of Engineering, based upon merit, need, and potential to enter the engineering and construction workforce after graduation. (The E&C industry historically has hired graduates of chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, and mechanical engineering programs at Rice.)
- Rice students of all engineering disciplines are eligible to apply for an RGF award. However, the scholarship committee gives priority to School of Engineering professional masters graduate students or seniors.
- Award money is entrusted to Rice University as deposits in recipients student accounts and used to defray charges.
For more information about this year’s recipients and past recipients of RGF scholarships, please visit: http://www.forum.rice.edu/sponsorships/scholarships/recipients/
EDITORS: The Rice Global E&C Forum is a voluntary academic-industry organization dedicated to stimulating original thinking, discussion, and resolution of the major economic, political, strategic and technological challenges and opportunities faced by global engineering and construction companies.
For further information, please contact:
- Martin J. Van Sickels, RGF executive director, at email@example.com or 713-213-5467;
- Dr. Satish Nagarajaiah, Professor of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, George R. Brown School of Engineering, Rice University, and chair of the RGF scholarship committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-348-6207; or
- A. D. Koen, RGF media advisor, at email@example.com or 713-812-1623.
– – – E N D – – –