FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
Rice Global Engineering & Construction Forum elects 2012 officers
HOUSTON – Mike Coffey, senior vice president of project operations at Foster Wheeler, will serve the second year of a two-year term, remaining as chairperson of the board of directors of the Rice Engineering & Construction (E&C) Forum through 2012.
Martin Van Sickels, president of MVS Consulting, agreed to serve a two-year term as executive director of the E&C Forum through 2013.
Members of the E&C Forum Board who will serve on the organization’s executive committee during 2012 are:
- George Moore, director of operational excellence at KBR, re-elected chairman-elect and will succeed Coffey at the end of his term.
- Al Goethe, technology director at URS, re-elected chair of the Corporate Membership Committee through 2012.
- Philip Luna, vice president of Jacobs Engineering Group, elected to a two-year term as chair of the Finance Committee through 2013.
- Mike Harrison, senior vice president of business development at ENGlobal, elected to a one-year term as chair of the 2012 Annual Forum Committee.
- J. P. Chevriere, president of Transmar Consulting, elected to a two-year term as chair of the International Committee through 2013.
- Curt Watson, senior vice president for global business development and marketing at Mustang Engineering, elected to a one-year term as 2012 chair of the Marketing Committee.
- Stan Cone, facilities engineering director at Fluor Corporation, elected to a one-year term as 2012 chair of the Roundtable Luncheon Programs Committee.
- Liang Chun, chief engineer, offshore market sector at Bechtel Corporation, elected to a two-year term as chair of the Award for Excellence Committee.
- Ed Segner, professor in the practice in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at Rice University, agreed to continue serving as chair of the Scholarship Committee.
The Rice Global Engineering & Construction Forum is a voluntary academic-industry organization based at Rice University dedicated to stimulating original thinking and informed discussion about the major economic, political, strategic, and technological challenges and opportunities confronting engineering and construction companies engaged in executing major projects around the world. To learn more about the E&C Forum visit www.forum.rice.edu.
For further information, please contact A. D. Koen, Rice Global E&C Forum media advisor, by telephone at 713-812-1623 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– – – END – – –