This friendly competition will challenge your ability to conceive, design and construct a device to perform a certain task utilizing provided materials and tools. The competition information and registration is available below.
The Captain of the teams MUST arrive half an hour early (2:30pm) to check in , pick up materials and find your table. All team members should arrive no later than 2:45pm. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided.
Registration deadline extended: Monday, February 18. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if new teams may be enrolled.
Contact: If you have questions about the competition and regulations, contact us at email@example.com. If your team is registered but you need to add or change a team member, please email Maureen Maiuri at firstname.lastname@example.org the following details: the team’s name and team captain; team member’s name, college, class, major and T-shirt size.
Problem Information: Materials will be given to the Team Captain upon check-in at the Competition. The problem has a timing component so late check-ins may affect your ability to compete.
- The competition is open to all Rice students, including graduate students.
- Each team may have 3 or 4 members whose names are provided at registration.
- The number of teams is limited, so don’t wait to sign up.
- Deadline to sign up is Friday, February 15.
- If your team is registered but you need to add or change a team member, please email Maureen Maiuri at email@example.com the following details: the team’s name and team captain; team member’s name, college, class, major and T-shirt size.
1st Place team – $150 gift card per team member
2nd Place team – $100 gift card per team member
3rd Place team – $50 gift card per team member
Gift cards will be awarded to the 1st-3rd place teams as indicated above in addition to door prizes.
The Engineers Week Student Competition will again this year be sponsored by Rice Global E&C Forum, Fluor Corporation and George R. Brown School of Engineering – Rice University.